Saturday 7th November. 2020. Starts on-line at 10.00am
|Virtual Founder’s Day Service: celebrate 460 years of teaching at LWS|
* Welcome from the OTA President Bridget Trueman with Headteacher Jon Ryder
* Reading and address by the Rev. Derek Witchell
* Musical interludes from the Willie Howe scholars.
* Roisin Robertson will read her poem ‘in memoriam to the soldiers of the 1914-1918 and 1939-1945 wars’, against a backdrop of the beautiful stained-glass window donated to St Mary’s Church Thame by John Sharpley for the 450th commemoration of the founding of LWS.
* The Act of Commemoration (President and Senior students) During this we will show a presentation of the fallen OTs in World Wars 1 and 2 during the reading of the lists. This will be followed by laying of the wreaths at Lord Williams’s tomb.
* Prayers, with the Lord Williams’s School Foundation Prayer – Rev Witchell
* The School Hymn, Carmen Scholar Thamensis – sung in Latin – with world premiere of a new arrangement of school hymn by Howard Goodall
* Blessing by Rev Witchell
|Please register on-line, and also connect with your year group virtually|
You are now able to register via your decade year group for an online chat on Founder’s Day at 11:00 GMT and have the chance to connect with your year group virtually if you left LWS from 1961 to 2011.
Please register here if you left LWS from 1961 to 2011: