John Hampden War Memorial Scholarship Fund
This fund exists to make grants to former students in higher education, apprenticeships and undertaking vocational training, to cover books, tools and equipment and other course necessities such as special clothing. The Fund also provides textbooks and equipment for the School.
To apply for a grant, please either:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org (this is the preferred method.)
- or write a letter to JHWMF, 37 Greenwood Avenue, Chinnor, Oxford OX39 4HW
- In both instances outlining the reason for your request, the items you wish to buy and their cost. (See format below
Please copy and paste this format into your email or letter.
1. Name: (Your full name as per your bank account)
2. Correspondence Address: (The awards are paid by cheque so this needs to be a reliable address as the cheques are posted here.)
3. Mobile Telephone: (In the unlikely event case we have any urgent queries.)
4. Email: (so we can contact you if we need further info if you decide to send your request by post.)
5. Years studied at Lord Williams’s School:
6. GCSE Results: (just the subjects)
7. A-level Results: (subjects and grades. We only ask this for security purposes to check you are who you say you are! and not some nasty bot.)
8. Proposed or current university course or other career path:
9. Request for funds: we are very happy to make grants for books, equipment, tools and sometimes special travel undertaken to further study. We will also consider other requests.
– amount of money requested and a list of specific items and their individual cost e.g. book titles and cost of book, tools and their cost etc.
Please note that we DO NOT contribute towards:
- travel to university from home
- laptops, phones, tablets or other IT
- regular transport to and from the place of study
- gap year costs and expenses
10. Please add any comments you would like to make in support of your application e.g. family and financial circumstances, special equipment essential to the course etc.
- The email or letter should arrive by 31st September in any year and the awards are made annually in October or November.
- It is possible to reapply for further awards in subsequent years during your period of study.
- Usually, all applicants receive an award unless the items requested are outside what we are able to pay for.
If you wish to send a postal application please click below to download a form.
The John Hampden War Memorial Scholarship Fund – please click to access form, print-out, complete, and then post to the address on the Form.